Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Direction for VAWINO Blog

Wow it takes me a long time to post things. Don't worry I am still drinking plenty of wine. But I am going to change things up a little bit. Instead of boring everone with info that you probably don't want I'm going to just give you a brief rundown of the wines that I'm drinking. I'll throw in a few words of history and why I'm drinking certain wines. Then I'll finish with a score from 1-100pts just like the experts. Then you as the consumer can run out to try these wines and then post your feedback on the site. 90% of the wines you will be able to get at my Kroger or special order from any other Kroger. Let's get into the first wine.



2008 Campante Spanish White "Vina Reboreda" $11

I'm a wine geek. I'm sure you all know that. But I love trying new wines from different places. The past few weeks I have been trying wines made from grapes I have never heard of like this wines made from 40% Treixadura(Never heard of), 20% Godello (one of the oldest Spanish grapes), 20% Torrontes (staple in Argentina), 20% Palomino (never heard of).



First impression of this wine SUCKED. No nose. Watery. Lemon and Lime Water. Finished way to quick. But as the wine began to warm up in the glass I started to smell white flowers and peaches. The palate was still very light but I found out why, only 11% Alcohol. But notes of peaches and minerals came through. Americans as a rule have served their WHITES TOO COLD and their REDS TOO WARM. Put your reds in the fridge for 5 mins before serving and pull the whites out of the fridge for 5mins before serving. Serving temp for Reds: 60F Whites: 45F. Great wine for a cocktail party. Pinot Gris drinks will love this wine. 86pts



Tell me what you guys think??

No comments: