Tuesday, February 10, 2009

French Wines?!?!


Do you have the feeling that the French hate us Americans when you open that $10-$25 bottle of Cotes de Rhone or Bordeaux and it taste like a "Barnyard" and "moldy cherries"???
I just have a hard time paying $50+ on a bottle of wine that might be good or might not be good.What you have to do is to find some Gems in the Rough!!!
I have found that for under $30 you can enjoy a $50 bottle of Chateauneuf de Pape. It just goes by the name of GIGONDAS. Located only miles from the famed Chateauneuf de Pape and by using the same grapes (Grenache, Mourvedre, and Syrah) can produce ready to drink wines for a fraction of the price. Private Stock has a great GIGONDAS for $19.99

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love french wines esp. Krug champagnes and anyone's picpoul, chablis. Except for the Krug, I don't pay $50 for anything anyway. Good California's soak you for $$$, too, but my challenge is finding a diamand in the rough for no more than half that. I have found many, many more good stones than junk, french no more or less than anyone else. Good blog! Keep it up.

Jon O said...

What were some of the diamonds in the rought that you found? Do you find that you like French whites or than the reds?

Pamsman said...

I like reds when I am cold and whites when I am not. I have recently enjoyed an inexpensive Coteaux du Languedoc 2007 (a picpoul de pinet)and a Chateau Dauzac 2007 cab/merlot (not cheap, tho') for Open That Bottle Night last Saturday.